This unit is an approved child protection training course required by government protocol and applies to workers in a range of job roles providing services to children and young people in childcare, education, community services and health contexts.
It is designed to build awareness and provide the education required to identify, respond, support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm. It provides participants with an awareness of child abuse and neglect including the indicators of the different types and dynamics of abuse as they may apply to age, gender, disability, culture and sexuality. Completing this course, students will understand the wider context of child protection within the framework of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Federal and state/territory legal requirements as well as the ethical considerations and duty of care responsibilities.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Must meet English and LLN requirements. The Training Package clearly states:
- Reading – to read and understand forms and to make accurate reports
- Writing – to accurately record details of children and young people at risk and to make reports using handwritten skills and computer skills
- Communication – to communicate appropriately and effectively with children and young people who disclose sensitive information
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Complete two (2) simulated scenarios:
- Child/ young person at risk disclosure
- Child / young person at risk signs reporting
- Complete two (2) Incident Report forms
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of case studies and multiple-choice questions.