The course applies to individuals who may be required to have first attack firefighting skills in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. It includes preparing for incidents such as small fires that can be controlled using a fire extinguisher, a fire blanket or a fire hose reel.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including being able to safely confine emergencies and use initial response equipment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Respond to a fire emergency
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment
- Small flammable liquid fire
- Metallic fire
- Fire hose reel
- A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions