The course applies to individuals who may be required to safely and thoroughly inspect and clean vehicles, machinery, tools and other equipment of material that may contribute to the spread of biosecurity threats.
Students will identify contamination and cleaning requirements according to workplace biosecurity procedures and document inspection results and record the cleaning process according to the relevant Biosecurity Act and workplace procedures.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Language, literacy and numeracy requirements - students must be able to read and comprehend regulations, and other documentation and consolidate information to determine control plans and implement control measures. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports. Numeracy is required to calculate the volumes, weights and measures for application rates of disinfectants and detergents.
- Physical capability to complete a site assessment in an outdoor environment such as a field; carry, handle and use disinfectants and detergents and associated equipment; lift and carry some loads using equipment as well as high pressure hoses
- Visual acuity to identify contaminants and manage outside environments under cold and warm conditions.
- Protective slip resistant footwear/safety shoes and long pants must be provided by the student and worn during the practical sessions and assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Scenario 1 - Inspect and clean wheeled machinery to preserve biosecurity
- Scenario 2 - Inspect and clean a side by side or four-wheeled vehicle to preserve biosecurity
Documentation - Completion of two (2) Cleaning and Inspection Checklist and a Risk Assessment
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.