Participants will learn how to conduct standard in-service safety inspection with the necessary knowledge and skills to test portable electrical equipment, including appliances, cords, plugs and sockets, in accordance with Australian Standard AS3760.
This unit covers safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies. It will provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to work safely using a portable apparatus tester, identify safe and unsafe cords and apparatus, identify faults, applying tagging, arranging for repair of faulty equipment and complete testing documentation.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
This course has a prerequisite of UEECD0007 Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Visual acuity to inspect equipment and read tags
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Reading, writing and numeracy skills to complete and interpret the testing and tagging requirements of the assessment
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
Performance tasks - The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Conduct in-service safety testing for two (2) different electrical cords and three (3) items of cord connected equipment which includes a device containing an element; a device containing a motor and a device containing metal oxide varistors (MOV)
Documentation – The student must compete all documentation according to the required standard:
- Record and tag two (2) different electrical cords and three (3) items of cord connected equipment
- Complete the Workplace Register form
Theory assessment - A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions to be completed at the end of the training session. Students are able to refer to their Learners resource material.