This course will provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required to conduct work-related health and safety investigations as a result of an incident and to contribute to a safe workplace. Individuals will gain the knowledge and confidence to participate in work-related health and safety investigations that safely, effectively and efficiently follow workplace procedures.
This course may also be known as the G8 (formerly S2 of the Supervisor S123) course.
It applies to individuals who participate in work-related health and safety investigations as part of their responsibilities.
Some industries recommend a refresher training be undertaken every 5 years.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The ability to read and write basic English and interpret workplace documentation, policies and procedures
- The ability to communicate and use appropriate language and non-verbal features to provide support, give instructions or request information
- Have basic computer skills to prepare and deliver a presentation/ graphical report using a clear and concise structure and format
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Conduct a safety and health investigation on two (2) occasions
- Complete investigation plan and notes on two (2) occasions
- Complete a hazard and incident investigation report on two (2) occasions
- A written assessment consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.