This course will provide individuals with the skills, knowledge and confidence to communicate information verbally and in written formats, to complete work activities within the mining, drilling and civil infrastructure industry. It includes planning and preparing for and conducting communication via several different methods to ensure work activities are understood. Individuals will gain the skills to effectively plan and prepare for meetings, present information either in a written, verbal or electronic format, as well participate in conflict resolution meetings.
This course may also be known as the G9 (previously S3) course.
Some industries recommend a refresher training be undertaken every 5 years.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The ability to read and write basic English and interpret workplace documentation, policies and procedures
- The ability to use technical and workplace specific vocabulary to verbally communicate and complete workplace records and forms
- Have basic computer skills to prepare and deliver a presentation in an electronic format as well as communicate work activity information electronically
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Deliver a presentation during a Toolbox Talk
- Complete a Toolbox talk template
- Resolve conflict and complete conflict resolution meeting notes
- A written assessment consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.