This course applies to individuals who are involved in a variety of work settings, including sawmills, forest product manufacturing facilities, timber yards, horticultural environments, construction, polymer processing and other manufacturing settings. It will provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required to prepare and cut timber and polymer materials with a hand-held chainsaw.
Furthermore, it includes preparing for work, cutting materials, maximising volume and quality of recovery material, and performing routine operator maintenance.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- The physical capacity to cut materials using a hand-held chainsaw whilst wearing the appropriate PPE
- Basic skills to interpret workplace documentation, use technical and workplace-specific vocabulary to accurately and legibly complete workplace records and forms, select and use appropriate spoken communication strategies with work colleagues and other personnel on-site when felling trees, and interpret hand signals with other operators to ensure safe tree felling and to complete routine calculations and report on size, length and diameter of felled trees
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Cut twenty (20) individual pieces of material with a hand-held chainsaw
- Complete routine chainsaw maintenance
- Complete relevant workplace records and forms
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.