This course covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a rescue from live low voltage (LV) electrical apparatus in an electricity supply industry (ESI) environment. This does not include overhead lines and underground cables. It includes the organisational workplace requirements for the inspection and use of live LV panel rescue equipment, and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility, and mutual aid requirements.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedure and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from an LV apparatus.
Due to the high-risk nature of the industry, the program is regarded as a mandatory requirement for specific industries in which employees are required to develop or maintain their professional skills.
This unit of competency stands alone and incorporates the content of the following units:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETDRMP007 Perform a rescue from a live LV panel
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Provide evidence of holding the required pre-requisite unit of UETDREL006 Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions. Participants will be required to demonstrate rescue breathing techniques on manikins. Participants will not have the opportunity to request an exemption from providing rescue breaths if they wish to gain a competent result in the Unit of Competency and/or qualification.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation||12 months|
|UETDRMP007 - Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel||12 months|