This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to perform a rescue from live low voltage (LV) electrical apparatus in an electricity supply industry (ESI) environment. This does not include overhead lines and underground cables.
It includes the organisational workplace requirements for the inspection and use of live LV panel rescue equipment, and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility and mutual aid requirements.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedure and consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in the rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Due to the high-risk nature of the industry, the program is regarded as a mandatory requirement for specific industries in which employees are required develop or maintain their professional skills.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Evidence of current and valid HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (which includes CPR) or HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation Statement of Attainment prior to commencing this training.
- Evidence of current and valid Statement of Attainment for UEECD0007 Apply work health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace, or UETDREL006 Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker, or an existing ESI or Electrotechnology qualification (or equivalent), obtained prior to commencing this training.
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Pre-course study options: the pre-course study workbook can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the pre-course study online. Students will be required to upload evidence of holding the required pre-requisites in their student portal.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate has an industry recommended renewal period of 12 months